With advanced self-diagnostic Prodigy Plus® technology, Scotsman's nugget ice machines deliver increased reliability and efficiency, using up to 40% less water and 15% less energy than cube ice machines.
After introducing The Original Chewable Ice™ in 1981, Scotsman's nugget ice has grown to become the preferred ice choice for countless consumers and operators alike. Now available in two nugget types, the soft, chewable ice form is a favorite for all types of beverages, healthcare, and many other applications. Consumers enjoy how the chewable nugget ice absorbs the flavor of beverages, while operators appreciate its lower operating costs and higher liquid displacement, which lowers syrup costs per cup.
Features and Benefits
- Sealed, Maintenance-Free Bearings – Maximizing reliability, while eliminating the need for grease or wearable parts. The sealed, maintenance-free bearings reduce preventative maintenance and ensure long-lasting performance.
- Two Nugget Types Available – Choose between the softer, Original Chewable Nugget Ice or the harder, H2 Nugget Ice. Smaller, softer, and more chewable, the Original Chewable Nugget Ice is ideal for traditional ice bin applications. The slightly harder, H2 Nugget Ice is slower melting and can be ideal for dispensing applications.
- AutoAlert™ Indicator Lights – Innovative external LED lights provide better visibility to the machine’s operating status, while also signaling when it is time to descale, sanitize and more.
- QR Code – Unit specific QR code for quick access to service manuals, cleaning guides, and warranty history.
- Stainless-Steel Components – Stainless-steel evaporator and auger for maximum durability.
- Focus on Sanitation – Antimicrobial AgION™ protection guards internal surfaces between cleanings. The sealed refrigeration system also minimizes outside airborne contamination.
- Compact Footprint – Operational footprint among the industry's smallest. Air-cooled units are front-breathing so no side clearance is required for flexible placement.
- Lower Operational Costs – Nugget ice machines are inherently more energy and water efficient than cube machines, resulting in lower utility costs.
- Easy Preventive Maintenance – Easily removed panels allow clear access to internal components. Diagnostic code display ensures the right fix the first time. External, reusable air filter is easily removable.
- Smart-Board™ – An optional advanced feature, Smart-Board provides NAFEM data protocol and additional operational data that can be displayed on-screen or transmitted remotely, resulting in early alert and fast diagnosis of operating issues.
- Vari-Smart™ – An optional Vari-Smart ultrasonic ice-level control sensor enables you to program ice levels for up to seven days in advance, keeping just the right amount of freshly made ice in the bin.